Sunday, June 10, 2012

43 In 5, 4, 3, 2 . . .



Tomorrow I turn the big 4-3 an today my hubby took me to Red Lobster for dinner. Why Red Lobster? Well because I love seafood, and on my low carb diet I can eat all the lobster, crab legs and shrimp that I want. And I did. However, my “coach”, (that’s what I call her) is going to be disappointed to learn that Red Lobster brings you these awesome buttery biscuits with your diet coke. And since they brought four to the table, I didn’t think it was fair to let my husband eat all 4 of them so I had 2. But besides that, I was on my best behavior. I had a garden salad with blueberry vinaigrette and broccoli.

Tomorrow I start my 3x3 workout regimen. I’m starting with 3 days of cardio for an hour. I love to dance so I sprawl out in my master bathroom (it’s THAT big) and in front of the Hollywood Mirror and dance until my heart’s content. THEN . . . I will add 30 minutes of weight lifting three days a week, all, until I can work up to 5-6 days a week without killing myself.

So, the real reason, I wrote this blog post today, in addition to the one I will write tomorrow with my update stats, I wanted to show these photos my husband took of me today. They are a little blurry, because it was raining and they were taken with my cell phone. The photos don’t do the dress OR my figure any justice. But that’s okay, because I have no intention of stopping here. I have sixty more pounds to lose. Funny thing is, I don’t see the pounds disappearing much on the scale, or not like I’d wish them to, but I can tell I’ve lost inches. The dress shown in this photo on this post is a size 9.  I have not worn , or have been able to wear, this dress since 2005. A few months ago, I couldn’t even get it over my hips, let along zipped.

The photo (headshot) with the red background shows the last time I wore this dress and the others are from today. All I can say is Thank you Jesus,  and, size 7 here I come.




Stay tuned for my status report tomorrow. Until then, have a wonderful evening. 

1 comment:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

You're changing body shape, which is very common. You are active enough that you are adding muscle as you lose weight, and muscle weighs more than fat, so you will see it in the lost inches.

And don't think I was in enough weight loss euphoria to miss the two buttered biscuits. LOL...the butter was fine but the biscuits...tsk, tsk...now you got three days of work to get rid of that starch and get back in fat burning mode!

Get a move on chickypoo!